We make candles with love, from the hive to your home. Our candles are not just wax, they are the magic of flowers transformed into light. They create a cozy, relaxing atmosphere that you can enjoy in your home. We hand-pour/ dip each candle in our studio in Revelstoke BC, using only pure, Canadian beeswax that we filter ourselves with clay and charcoal.
Beeswax is good for the environment and for the bees. It is a natural, renewable resource that comes from apiaries across British Columbia and Alberta. The wax changes colour depending on what flowers the bees visit - to feed their family. The bees also help our planet by pollinating the flowers.
Our candles are a special treat of scent, shape, and a warm, intimate glow.
Please remember to keep an eye on your flame. It might feel lonely.
Traditional Beeswax Candle Care
Beeswax candles are a natural and eco-friendly choice for your home. They have a pleasant honey scent and a warm glow that creates a cozy atmosphere. To enjoy your beeswax candles for longer, follow these simple tips:
- Trim the wick after each burn to a quarter of an inch, slightly longer for tapered candles. This will prevent the flame from getting too large and smoking.
- As the candle burns down, gently thumb in the melted wax inwards, to contain the wax pool. This will prevent the wax from dripping and wasting.
- To extinguish, smartly press the wick into the wax pool. This will not only ensure the absence of smoke but will re-coat the wick for the next lighting.
- Bloom is a whitish patina that may form over time. This is the natural rising of minerals to the surface, and may be wiped away with a lint-free cloth.
- Beeswax has been used as a household aid for centuries; poured into gaps in wooden floors to prevent squeaking, rubbed on draws for an easier glide, drawn onto saw blades to prevent binding and rust, and even on metal zippers.
Enjoy your beeswax candles and their many benefits!